Zombies vs Unicorns, Yeah That's Right

I'm not much of a horror book fan, but Zombies vs. Unicorns balanced it out with humor. The two editors try to convince the reader that one or the other is better. Some of the stories are (to quote the editors) "haunting," while others are for pure enjoyment. Many of the main characters are young adults under 18 and so this book is geared to that audience. It shows that strength and good sense can happen at a young age as these characters face adult situations (mainly in the post-infection worlds of the zombie stories). I am well past YA age but I enjoyed the stories. It made me wonder, though, what is the lure of such dark fantasy for this age group? I would be very hestitant to let my 14 year old read this.

Comments

  1. It's UNICORNS. Kinda hard to type while holding a 1 year old. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha cool review
    I'm 14 and I don't know why we like that stuff either, but I definitely like it lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Some of those stories gave me nightmares. lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh well if it gave you nightmares maybe i wouldn't like it...lol

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Dawn Colclasure Guest Post

Tricia Stewart Shiu Guest Post

Blogariffic Blog Hop Information Post!