frank asch interview




1.how old were you when you published your first book?
I was in my early twenties. I had not yet graduated from Cooper Union where I received a degree in painting. At the time it was just a way to earn a little money. Little did I suspect that it would become my life's work.

2.what are most of your books about?
That's a hard question to answer because I try to craft each story to stand on it's own. But in the broad stroke of the brush I guess you could say I'm exploring human nature. Human emotions, human situations, and in general the human condition. I often use animals as characters. But the stories are not about animals. I often use the moon as a metaphor for Beauty. But the stories are not about the moon per-se. I think in some of my best stories I attempt to touch upon the same kind of basic truths that Asop explored in his fables.

3.what age groups do you write for?
I write mostly for 3 to 5 year olds who are too young to read. But I'm also aware of the fact that adults are reading my stories and I try to write for them also. Some of my longer books are for 10 year olds.

4.who is your favorite author?
I can't really answer that question. But Jack London and James Thurber come to mind.

5.what are your favorite books?
I love books that suck me into their world and make me sad when it's time to put them down.

thank you

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dawn Colclasure Guest Post

Tricia Stewart Shiu Guest Post

Blogariffic Blog Hop Information Post!