Monday, May 16, 2011
Amber Argyle Interview
Search Amazon.com for Amber Argyle
PrincessReviews, Amber Argyle
1. What is Witch Song about?
Witch Song is about fifteen year old Brusenna. She discovers that all the other Witches have been taken captive by the Dark Witch, and without the Witches’ songs to control the weather, nature is falling into chaos. If Brusenna doesn’t free them soon, there won’t be anything left to save.
2. How many books have you written in your life?
How many have you had published?
This is my debut (#4)
o 3. What inspires you to write?
Writing makes me happy. I like to do what makes me happy.
4. Do you like texting or talking better?
Talking. It takes me forever to find all the letters.
5. Do you think it was right how people accused of being witches were murdered centuries ago?
o 6. Do you believe in the supernatural?
Depends on your definition of supernatural.
7. What is your favorite book? Favorite author?
I could no more pick a favorite book than a favorite child. But a few of my favorites are Hunger Games, The Hollow Kingdom, Fablehaven, Forbidden Seas etc. Shannon Hale is my favorite writer.
8. About how much time a day do you spend writing?
Depends on my kids. I usually try to put in at least 2 hrs.
9. I love how your initials are AA. Is your middle initial also an A?
My full name is Amber Lynn Argyle Smith. Smith is my married name. All together, my initials spell ALAS. Which is kinda anticlimactic.
o 10. Do you have any pre-writing rituals that you have to do before you sit down to write?
I usually start reading a few pages before I left off and then start up again.
o 11. What are 7 not well known facts about yourself?
a. I drive a minivan. And I look sexy in it.
b. I love to watch Castle, Modern Family, and The Office
c. I love Oreos. Especially when mixed with ice cream.
d. I grow the ingredients for and bottle my own salsa.
e. I read really, REALLY fast.
f. I enjoy camping and hiking.
g. Anesthesia doesn’t work very well on me. It took some extremely painful surgeries to figure that out.
12. Have you ever kissed a frog?
No. But my singing sounds like I swallowed one.
13. Thank you for your time! If there is anything else you'd like to say, feel free to mention it here.
• Witch Song is the 5th most popular September release! I’m really excited about that.