Hot (Sweaty) Mamas: Five Secrets to Life as a Fit Mom


Author: Laurie Kocanda, Kara Thom
Series: ---
Publisher: Andrews McMeel Publishing
Publication Date: March 29, 2011
How Received: Publiasher
Rating: 3

Summary:
Authors, moms, and fitness enthusiasts Kara Douglass Thom and Laurie Kocanda work to balance motherhood and fitness. They know other moms struggle to make exercise a priority in their lives because they speak with similarly minded women at seminars and on their blogs. It was from these conversations--and the interest in them--that the idea for Hot (Sweaty) Mamas was born. This book is perfect for every mom or mom-to-be thinking about starting an exercise program, as well as moms already pursuing their fitness goals. Hot (Sweaty) Mamas reaches a wider audience than other fitness books that merely focus on "getting your prebaby body back" by presenting advice on how to pursue fitness despite a busy schedule, how to carve out time with or without kids to work out, and how to get the support needed to pursue fitness goals. Moms who find it difficult to start or stick with an exercise program will learn how to reframe their thinking. Women who continue to work out and struggle with the guilt sometimes associated with taking "me time" will be reassured. Mothers-to-be will feel better prepared to pass a legacy of health and fitness to their children and make fitness and motherhood coexist. Thom and Kocanda reveal the secrets to being a fit mom inside Hot (Sweaty) Mamas.

Review:
The book wasn't for me. Just because I am not a new mom. Or a mom at all but I read it any ways and had my friend write up a quick review. So here it is!
"The book wasn't for me.. I thought it could have done without the whole "have the right mind set." I really think its more for older moms who want to stay or get in shape. I do like that there is some really good info, and the way the book is laid out. I'm a new mom of a 5 month old but i'm only 19. I lost a lot of baby fat right away. I would have liked a simpler version where it just got to the point. Where it told me how to get fit and stay that way."

Comments

  1. What a material of un-ambiguity and preserveness of valuable experience about unexpected emotions.
    My blog ... weight loss

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting PrincessReviews! Come back soon!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Dawn Colclasure Guest Post

Tricia Stewart Shiu Guest Post

Blogariffic Blog Hop Information Post!