J. Meyers Interview!



1. What is Intangible about?
 
It's the story of twins Sera and Luke who have special abilities. Sera can heal with a touch of her hand and Luke can see the future with absolute accuracy. Luke has a vision that Sera is killed, and they have to figure out how to stop it from coming true--something they've never been able to do. They also learn that their world is not what they thought.
2. Which character from Intangible do you most relate to?
I actually feel like I relate to all of them and not one of them more than any others. I think it's because I've spent so much time in their heads (the book is written from multiple points of view), looking at their world through their eyes. And each character is a part of me or I am a part of him/her because I created them.
 
3. Which author do you aspire to be like?
 
I would love to come up with wonderfully wacky characters like Sarah Dessen does, write laugh-out-loud funny and magificent dialogue like Aidan Chambers does, create incredibly intricate worlds like Laini Taylor or Frannie Billingsley do, or entertain and entrance people all over the world like JK Rowling has. Though I would like to do all that as me, not as a replica of anyone else. ;-)
4. What is your favorite band?
 
At the moment, I'm totally digging Jason Mraz.
5. Team Edward or Team Jacob?
 
Ummm...neither.
6. Are you still friends with any of your High School friends?
 
A few. It's nice having friends that go back that far.

7. How many books have you written?
 
Intangible is my debut novel. Previously I co-authored two parenting books.
8. Do you have any pets?
 
Not at the moment. Last winter our dog died--he was just shy of 17 years old. It was very sad to lose him. My kids are just now starting to ask about getting dog again. I'm sure we'll do that in the somewhat near future.
9. Thank you! Is there anything else you'd like to say?
 
Thanks so much for having me here! It's been a real pleasure. :-) And if anyone's interested in learning more about the world of Intangible, stop by my site: www.jmeyersbooks.com. And please say hi if you do. I'm really loving connecting with people from all over the world that I never would have known otherwise. :D

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dawn Colclasure Guest Post

Tricia Stewart Shiu Guest Post

Blogariffic Blog Hop Information Post!