The Iron Queen by Julie Kagawa

I would like to thank NetGalley and the publisher for the eARC :)  Never thought I would actually get approved, and it was definitely one of the best Thanksgivings ever.  Woke up everyone in my house from their Thanksgiving nap with my screaming and hyperventilating.  


Goodreads summary:


My name is Meaghan Chase. 

I thought it was over.That my time with the fey, the impossible choices I had to make, the sacrifices of those I loved, was behind me. But a storm is approaching, an army of Iron fey that will drag me back, kicking and screaming. Drag me away from the banished prince who's sworn to stay by my side. Drag me into the core of a conflict so powerful, I'm not sure anyone can survive it. 

This time, there will be no turning back.


My Thoughts 
*(I'm going to try to make this spoiler free, but may contain a couple spoilers from the first 2 books):


Loved this.  So much love.  I've loved the first two books as well, but this may be my favorite :D  The Iron Queen picks off right where The Iron Daughter left off.  Meaghan must defeat the Iron fey and prevent them from destroying all of Faery (did I spell that right?) all under 400 pages.  And don't worry, there is plenty of Ash, Puck, and Grim along the way :) 


It might not have been as obvious in Iron Daughter, but Meaghan has really matured in this series.  Went from being the typical awkward high schooler, having to depend on others to guide her, to a strong, and confident individual.  I think Julie Kagawa ended this book perfectly.  It blew me away of how perfectly everything fit together, and how right it felt.  


Something to be thankful for is there shall be a fourth book!  Not much details yet, but it's called The Iron Knight and I believe it is focusing on Ash.  At the end of Iron Queen, there is a little snippet which leads perfectly into the Iron Knight.  So I'm extremely extremely extremely excited for that. 


Overall: 5/5 stars. Legit.  On February 1, 2011 run to a bookstore.  

Comments

  1. Hey April! I'm doing an award meme and I picked you! :D Check it out here http://spanglish-reviews.blogspot.com/2010/11/award-oh-my.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to buy The Iron King because this series seems awesome !!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Samita for the blog award :D It is very much appreciated!

    And yes @elodie2310, The Iron Fey series is awesome! I highly recommend it!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Dawn Colclasure Guest Post

Tricia Stewart Shiu Guest Post

Blogariffic Blog Hop Information Post!