Your Inner Eve Book Review



Your Inner Eve: Discovering God's Woman Within by The Reverend Dr. Susan Newman explores the woman you're supposed to be. She (Inner Eve-original woman Eve) is inside every woman just waiting for you to let her shine. "She is our best self, our champion, our intuition, our creative nature...When we were young and innocent, Eve was strong."

The book talks about how many women have "lost touch" with their inner Eve and so it has affected who they are, their sense of value and worth. Each section ends with an "Inward Reflection" exercise and a "Susanism." My favorite Susanism is "Start where you are, use what you have, and do what you can."

It took me a month to read this book. (My time manufacturing machine was down I guess.) But I finally finished and the last section was about making time to just "be." Women are so busy doing for others they don't take care of themselves. That's me all over. That's what took me so long to read it. I wasn't doing for me.

Newman has a conversational writing style that's easy to relate to. It is actually a quick read. (My more Eve-empowered sister read it in a day.) The author's take on familiar biblical stories is both thought-provoking and humorous. I recommend this book to all women who are ready to embrace who they once were and who they are meant to be. I say again, the reader must be ready to hear and internalize the message in order to benefit from reading it.

Rating 4/5

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dawn Colclasure Guest Post

Tricia Stewart Shiu Guest Post

Blogariffic Blog Hop Information Post!