Lisa Orchard Interview!

I got the chance to interview Lisa Orchard, author of Super spies and the Cat Lady Killer!! Check it out, below! 


1)      How old are you? 
 Oh….the tough question right off the bat! J I’m 48. J

2)      What is the “Super Spies and the Cat Lady Killer about”?
  It’s about three friends who stumble upon the dead body of a reclusive neighborhood woman, and then are caught at the crime scene by the police. The lead detective believes they killed “the Cat Lady,” so the girls form their own detective squad to clear their names.

3)      Who is your role model? 
 Oh, that’s a tough one.  I would have to say Dr. Dyer. I like the message that he delivers to people.

4)  What inspires you to write?
 I was inspired at a very young age to write. When I was in 5th grade I loved the “Bobbsey Twins” and the “Nancy Drew” series. I knew I wanted to be a writer of mysteries after I read those books. Now, what inspires me are my two boys. J

5)  Who do you like to write for the most? (Who is your audience most of the time?)
 I would have to say young girls between the ages of 12 and 18. Although, I’ve had many adults buy my book and they have really enjoyed it. I like to write for this age group, because I enjoyed reading in my teen years so much, and I’d like to bring that same sense of anticipation, adventure, and happiness to others in that age group.

6)      What is your favorite television show?
 You’re going to laugh, but I’m going to have to say “The Killing” on AMC. It’s a murder mystery and it is a great show. J I really like real life drama.

7)      Do you prefer Harry Potter, Twilight, or the Hunger Games? (books not movies)
  I haven’t read the Harry Potter books or Twilight. I’m not really interested in vampires, and the Harry Potter series… I’ve watched the movies with my kids so there was no need to read the books. However, I have read the first Hunger Games book and I loved it! It was a great story.

8)      What is your favorite breakfast food?
 I would have to say an Egg Sandwich. My husband makes them most Saturday mornings and they are scrumptious! J It’s an English muffin with egg, ham, and cheese.

9)      What is your all time favorite book?
 Without a doubt, it would be “To Kill a Mockingbird”. I loved that story and still do!

10)  Thank you! Is there anything else you’d like to say?
 I’d like to thank everyone who has purchased my book. I’ve received tremendous feedback on it and some awesome reviews. Everyone’s kind words are greatly appreciated. J I’ve also just sent the sequel to my publisher and my beta readers liked the second one better! J  So, stay tuned there’s more to come from the Super Spies! J

Comments

  1. Thanks for having me here today, Tasha! I hope you like my book, and if anyone has any questions leave them here or you can post them on my blog at www.lisaorchard.com :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem! And yes, I liked your book. Review to come!

      Delete
  2. Oh, I love egg sandwiches! Actually, the mention of it makes me REALLY hungry right now.

    Congrats on your release! The story looks super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for stopping by Rebekah! We'll have to meet for breakfast and have egg sandwiches sometime! Thanks for your kind words about my story! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I eat egg sandwiches nearly every morning! And...Hunger Games all the way!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All right! Another Egg sandwich lover!! And Hunger Games fan!! Awesome we'll have to have an egg sandwich party and watch the Hunger Games movies!! Thanks for stopping by Jessie! It is greatly appreciated! :)

      Delete
  5. Wonderful interview Lisa. I think I've already got your book on my Kindle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by Lindsay, and thanks for buying my book! I hope you like it!! :)

      Delete
  6. Great interview. Also loved the Hunger Games.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by Joanne! I appreciate it! You are so right, The Hunger Games rocked!

      Delete
  7. Seems like everyone is commenting about your Egg Sandwiches and the Hunger Games! Now I know some hot topics for future interviews. Thanks :)
    Also, I totally love Nancy Drew!! She was my fav growing up!
    Thanks for doing the interview!! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Tasha! I appreciate you taking the time to interview me and review my book! I can't wait to see what you think of my story, and who knew egg sandwiches were such a big hit! Nancy Drew was one of my favs too! That time was a very fun time in my life! :)

      Delete
  8. Super Spies is a great book! Can't wait to read #2! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by Leah, and I appreciate your comments on the Super Spies! Book two has been sent to the publisher! I'll keep you updated on it! :)

      Delete
  9. Great interview, Lisa & Tasha .... and I'd better try some egg sandwich one day :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by Iris! You have to try egg sandwiches they are the best! :)

      Delete
  10. to Kill a Mockingbird is also one of my all-time favorite novels. I've read it completely at least twice ... and it's extremely rare for me to re-read a novel.
    Enjoyed the interview.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Dawn Colclasure Guest Post

Tricia Stewart Shiu Guest Post

Blogariffic Blog Hop Information Post!