Marc Vines Interview


Marc Vines the author of The Good Freedom DEBT FREE "In Jesus' Name!"


1. Welcome. Tell us who you are.

Hello, I am Marc Vines a native of the Midwest West, born and reared in the Chicago area and a firm believer in Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior. My current occupation and ministry is as a Financial Advisor. In addition, a husband, father, passionate reader, author, songwriter, musician and producer.


2. You have written a very timely book. What inspired you to write The Good Freedom, DEBT FREE In Jesus’ Name?

First Cherese, I must thank you for acknowledging the timeliness of the ebook release and give God the glory for placing it on my heart to complete. Many families all over the nation have experienced some type of devastating effect of the current financial crisis. I was inspired to write The Good Freedom about 5 years ago when the Lord first gave me the title, "The Good Freedom." Nothing more than that, so I prayed and asked God, "Lord what do you want me to do with these words?" About a year later, He revealed the last part, "DEBT FREE, "In Jesus' Name!" It was finally clear to me. The Lord wanted to use my life experiences that I had journaled in pursuit of living totally debt free into a book form.

3. Your book is part memoir and part financial advice book. Why did you use this approach?

I used this approach to show that in efforts to be healed from something we have to acknowledge that we have a problem as I did with my journal. It just seems to me that I am more inclined to accept the word of someone when I can read their own experience and not just tell me something they read or think to be true. Cherese, the main thing I have learned from scripture, is that we as followers of Jesus Christ are overcomers! It is written in the book of Revelation 12:11 "And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb and the by the word of their testimony,(NKJV). The Heavenly Father has shown me through the sacrifice of the Lamb (Jesus) and the blood he shed has paid the price for all sins for all people. When we speak the Word of God over our situations, the situations become smaller and then our God becomes Bigger over the situation!

4. When you speak of overcomers, what do you want your readers to take away from your book?

My target audience ranges from our most seasoned elders to our children as young as 5 to 7 years old who have begun to understand that if they want certain things in life that they will be required to use money to obtain them. I believe these children, when taught, can understand the Biblical concepts of tithing or giving a tenth of their allowances to God even at such a young age. It is especially effective when we can show them a natural example of seed-planting. If we explain how when an apple seed is planted in the ground, it's not done just to produce another seed...it's done to produce a harvest greater than what was sown or planted. After some time, the child can see the effects are a tree manifested with more apples! And in each apple...MORE SEEDS! When we look at the marvelous and yet simplistic concepts of God's plan of multiplication it only makes sense to follow the natural order of sowing and reaping.

The message I want readers to take away with them is, "When you have a need...sow a seed." Give God something to work with! Even when it doesn't look like things are going to work out..."Don't Stop. Keep Sowing!"

5. In your book, you talk about testimony helping others and that just because someone has not reached the goal doesn’t mean they don’t have a testimony to give. Can you give us an update on your journey?

Thank you for asking, Cherese! I always recommend everyone develop an emergency fund with a minimum of $1,000 in addition to a savings account. In the past, it seems as though we have had Several Emergencies...the most recent was our car needed an emergency repair of nearly $500. This would have been fine but we had already experienced other financial emergencies that same month and the fund was depleted. I thank God that we did not use a credit card to put the repairs on! We prayed and then explained to the shop owner that we did not have all the money at that time. They agreed to repair the car and we would pay them the costs in a few days. The victory in debt freedom is not always won in the large battles, but it is done in many small ones.

6. How can we contact you for more information?

I can be reached at my email address:joyfulstudents@hotmail.com;

Blog address: www.goodfreedomdebtfree.wordpress.com

www.goodreads.com/good_freedom_debt_free

http://www.facebook.com/good.freedom.

7. Are you currently working on any new books?

Yes, the Lord has laid more books on my heart! One is a book of daily prayers for a debt freedom mind-set and another book specifically geared toward men's biblical financial prospectives coming soon.

Thank you for joining us!

The Good Freedom DEBT FREE, "In Jesus' Name!" now in print from Infinity Publishing click here: bbotw.com!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dawn Colclasure Guest Post

Tricia Stewart Shiu Guest Post

Blogariffic Blog Hop Information Post!