Pappadeaux Seafood Kitchen Review

My husband took me out to dinner for my birthday without the kids. Someone at his job recommended it so we thought we would try it out. We drove about an hour plus to get there. We live south of Atlanta and all 3 restaurants in our area are north of Atlanta: Norcross, Marietta and Alpharetta. We went to the one in Norcross.

It was right off of I-85 and was easy to find. Great!
The outside was beautiful. I am sure it would have looked even better during the summer. There were tables outside, tropical plants, ceiling fans, and a pretty fountain in the middle of a courtyard before you get to the front door. It was a pretty big place.

It was not that crowded for a Wednesday night, but it was by no means empty. Inside was darkened a bit for ambience I suppose. The tables were not too close together and there was a bar as well. We were seated right away and our server was there within minutes. She was very polite and quick. I asked what I should try because I had never been there before and of course she recommends everything on the $20+ per entree list called the Chef Selections.

My husband ordered the Texas Redfish Pontchartrain with "Pan-broiled redfish with crabmeat & shrimp in a brown-butter wine sauce, with dirty rice". I had the Big Bay Platter with "Grilled shrimp, Caribbean lobster tail & shrimp montage, with fresh green beans & dirty rice". Most of the entrees come with dirty rice. We also ordered an appetizer: Lump Crab & Spinach Dip with garlic bread. I also had a Caesar salad that was not much to talk about.

The appetizer was good. They give you two pieces of garlic bread. I guess so you won't eat too much.
The food came out in a good amount of time. I'm not much of a lobster eater, but hey, it was my birthday. It tasted ok to me. I ended up giving the rest to my husband. He said it was delicious! The shrimp was tender enough and the green beans and rice were seasoned just right.

We didn't have a dessert.

Overall, it was a nice experience. Would I go back? Maybe. I'm not a seafood person. My husband enjoyed it more than I did. He said he got his "seafood fix" for a while. Apparently, the seafood is flown in fresh daily.

This restaurant has linen napkins, but provides plastic straws with your drinks so it's more dress casual. I did see people wearing jeans. But all the servers are in black slacks, white shirts.

Location: 3/5 because I had to drive so far, but it was still right off the highway.
Ambience: 4/5 because it reminded me of those restaurants in the all-inclusive resorts, where they spend the money to make it look nice enough for you to come back to and recommend to your friends.
Food: 4/5 because it was seasoned and cooked well.
Service: 5/5 because we were listened to and not hurried with our order, the food came out in a reasonable amount of time and hot, and the server was polite.
Overall: 4/5 stars.

The location we went to was:
5635 Jimmy Carter Blvd. Norcross, GA 30071 (770) 849-0600


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dawn Colclasure Guest Post

Tricia Stewart Shiu Guest Post

Blogariffic Blog Hop Information Post!