2. Till now how many books have you written?
I write fairly fast. I edit very slowly. For a while, I was writing one book a year. But I'm also a mom and wife and friend, and I like to spend time away from my desk too.
4. Where do you get ideas for your writing?
Everywhere. The last book began after I'd been the judge of a short story contest for kids at the New York Society Library in New York City. All those young writers were having so much fun writing whereas I had been thinking of writing as work. The kids got me re-energized, and my new character, Ava Wren, was born. She's a word nerd...
5. Tell about your first book?
6. What is the hardest part of writing?
7. Is there anything else you'd like to say or have me put on my blog?
I hope girls age 8 to 12 will travel with Melanie Martin and her brother Matt the Brat, and I hope older girls will look for Girltalk. Also, general advice to girls, be as smart and kind as you can. Don't just give your heart away or be in a mad rush to grow up. Enjoy these years!
And please join my page at www.facebook.com/WriterCarolWeston
Check her out at these other sites, too!